Can you believe it’s already week six of college football? We have a full Saturday of games this weekend of course, but that isn’t the only thing happening at the service academies.
Here’s what going on around the yard...
- The Black Knights are heading on the road to take on Western Kentucky. Army will face the Hilltoppers Saturday, Oct.12 at 7:00 pm.
- The Times Herald featured a piece about Army’s recent progress on the field saying, “Each one of Army’s five outcomes have been underwhelming. The three wins that should have been easily obtained have looked anything but, and the two challenging-yet-beatable tests have resulted in losses.”
- JB Hunter, an offensive lineman was highlighted in the The San Diego Tribune. He said, “There was something about West Point that grabbed me.”
- Newsday published a profile on Elijah Riley and talked about his success thus far at West Point.
- Both men’s and women’s soccer have match ups this week. Catch the ladies up against Loyola on Saturday, Oct. 12 at 7 pm. The men’s team plays Navy at 7:30 pm on Friday, Oct. 11.
- Both swimming and diving teams will face UMass Amherst on Friday, Oct. 11 at 3 pm.
- After suffering a tough loss to Navy last weekend, the Falcons are going home to take on Fresno State on Saturday, Oct. 12 at 5 pm.
Back at it ⚡️ pic.twitter.com/rQSKulKb1R— Air Force Football (@AF_Football) October 8, 2019
- The Gazette takes a peek at how Air Force QB Mike Schmidt is ready as next in line to support DJ Hammond pending any injuries on the field this weekend. Schmidt said in the interview, “I’m just trying to be that guy they can lean on and always trust if that were to happen.”
- Men’s hockey debuts this weekend starting Friday, Oct. 11 at 7:05 pm against Notre Dame. You can catch the puck drop on the big screen, check your local listings to find the games on NBC Sports.
- The Mids are looking to extend their winning ways into this week. They’ll head to Chapman Stadium to take on Tulsa on Saturday, Oct. 12 at 7:30 pm.
Post Practice Anchor Report ⚓— Navy Football (@NavyFB) October 8, 2019
After practice junior FB Nelson Smith (@nsmith_43) recapped Air Force and spoke on how the offense is preparing for a divisional matchup in Tulsa. #NavyFB | #BuiltDifferent pic.twitter.com/1nLXDrxoEg
- The Capital Gazette said Navy’s victory last weekend has been long time coming, “Above all else, Niumatalolo challenged everyone involved with Navy football to recommit to the fundamental philosophical values of the program.”
- In another star match-up the Men’s soccer team will meet Army on Friday, Oct. 11 at 7:30 pm. The Mids are undefeated this year with an 11-0 mark.
- The Bucknell Invitation starts this coming Sunday. Navy men’s golf will be in Pennsylvania all day Sunday and Monday.