The only Service Academy football team that’s locked into a bowl game this season is Army, which accepted its tie-in invite to the Independence Bowl several weeks ago, the first FBS team to do so this season.
So, the question now is, who will Army play in the bowl?
Here’s who the experts around the internet are projecting to play Army in Shreveport, Louisiana on Dec. 26.
- The Athletic: Washington
- CollegeFootballNews.com: Oregon
- CBS Sports: Oregon
- USA Today: Colorado
- Athlon: Oregon
- Stadium: Washington
- ESPN: UCLA (Bonagura); Stanford (Schlabach)
- Sporting News: Oregon
Additionally, here’s what those sites are predicting for Navy and Air Force, neither of which are exactly guaranteed to appear in a bowl game this season. Although, according to the experts, it certainly seems like Navy is bound to play another home game vs. a mid-table ACC team.
- The Athletic: Military Bowl vs. Pitt
- CBS Sports: Military Bowl vs. Pitt
- USA Today: Military Bowl vs. Virginia Tech
- Athlon: Military Bowl vs. Boston College
- Stadium: Military Bowl vs. Pitt
- CBS Sports: Idaho Potato Bowl vs. Miami (Ohio)