So, here’s everything else you need to know about the Black Knights vs. the Tigers in the Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl.
They Said It
- Missouri defensive coordinator Steve Wilks on defending the triple-option, via the Kansas City Star: “The emphasis is really playing with our weapons, which are our eyes, hands, hips and feet. It doesn’t matter how athletic we are, if we’re on the ground we can’t execute. So we got to do a great job with our fundamentals and technique because these guys are phenomenal as far as cutting on the first, second and third level.”
- Jeff Monken on Army’s offense, via the Associated Press: “Most people don’t play an offense like ours unless they play in a conference with a team like us. There’s not really anything for us to draw from. But there’s enough option principles in what a lot of teams are doing that we can speculate and hope we’re right. It’s really kind of a guessing game for us as to how they will exactly line up to us.”
- Army offensive coordinator Brent Davis on left tackle Kamaron Holloway, via the Times Herald-Record: “I think he’s very experienced in terms of he’s been around a long time. He’s always been very engaged. Mentally he’s really sharp at knowing what to do and kind of figuring out things and how he’s supposed to fit. I think technique wise he’s just gotten better and better.”
- Army is 3-0 in the Armed Forces Bowls, winning the game in 2018, 2017 and 2010. Army also won another bowl game in the Dallas-Fort Worth area in 2016, topping North Texas in what was then known as the Heart of Dallas Bowl.
- Missouri played in the Texas Bowl in 2017 and lost to the Texas Longhorns.
- Jeff Monken is 3-1 in bowl games at Army. Eli Drinkwitz has an 8-0 record in bowl games as a head coach and an assistant. As a head coach, Drinkwitz is 1-0, leading Appalachian State to a win in the New Orleans Bowl over UAB in 2019.
Army Black Knights Preview | Rock M Nation
Army takes 3-0 Armed Forces Bowl mark into Missouri meeting | Associated Press
Betting, via Draft Kings
Spread: Army -6.5
Read More: DK Nation
Odds/lines subject to change. T&Cs apply. See draftkings.com/sportsbook for details.
Army is 4-0 in Texas since 2018, having beaten Air Force once, UTSA twice and Houston once. The Black Knights have 22 players on their roster from Texas.