- Per Jeff Monken, the Army quarterback battle is down to junior Tyhier Tyler and senior Christian Anderson, and Jemel Jones is a “very close third.” This might make an Army fan wonder, what does this mean for Jabari Laws? (Times Herald-Record, Ken McMillan)
- Georgia State football coach Shawn Elliott: “If you’re going to play tough teams, you’ve got to be tough yourself. When you [play against] Army, North Carolina, Charlotte and Auburn, you’ve got to be ready to play.” (The Signal, Marquis Chambers)
- Our friends at the Wake Forest blog have a preview of the Deacs’ game against the Black Knights this season. (Blogger So Dear, SamuraiFoochs)
- Definitely read this, on Marquel Broughton. (The Athletic, Matt Fortuna)
- Per this, former Army offensive lineman Brett Toth made the Philadelphia Eagles’ 53-man roster.
- “The United States Navy has done Charlie Connolly wrong, just as it has so many other former Navy baseball players over the years.” (The Capital, Bill Wagner)
- Ken Niumatalolo: “We didn’t practice last year. I don’t know how (much) clearer to say it. We missed 15 practices.” (The Associated Press, Noah Trister)
- It looks like Navy’s starting quarterback for Saturday vs. Marshall is still an undecided matter. On a depth chart the Mids released publicly Monday, the starter under-center was listed as Xavier Arline OR Tai Lavatai. At slotback, Chance Warren and Carlinos Acie will be the starters, while Isaac Ruoss figures to get most of the work at fullback.
- More from Niumatalolo: “With what we do on offense, you need more than one quarterback.” (WTOP, Dave Preston)
- Required reading here from NavyBirdDog. (TheMidReport, Mike James)
- Navy’s women’s soccer team beat Maryland for the first time ever in College Park on Monday. A trio of players scored in the 3-1 victory for the Mids. (NavySports.com)
- Per this, George Mason will be one of the teams playing in Navy’s women’s basketball’s Thanksgiving weekend tournament this season. Liberty will also be there, as will one other unnamed team.
— NavyWSoccer (@NavyWSoccer) August 31, 2021
Caitlin Doran has been selected to TopDrawerSoccer's Team of the Week!
The junior netted back-to-back game-winning goals for Navy this past week at Towson & Maryland. pic.twitter.com/EszEGfu0zQ
- Unvaccinated folks must wear a mask at Air Force football games this year. And everyone has to mask-up indoors. (GoAirForceFalcons)
- Important note for the football teams at the Citadel and VMI:
SoCon's COVID policy on missed games:— Jeff Hartsell (@Jeff_fromthePC) August 24, 2021
A league game missed due to COVID-related issues will be declared a forfeit loss for the team unable to compete, while its opponent, if it is able to compete, will receive a win. No makeup contests for games missed due to COVID